Mobile Meals of Dover-New Philadelphia, Inc. is a non-profit voluntary community food service providing area residents with nourishing food at a nominal cost. Mobile Meals serves those temporarily unable to prepare adequate meals for themselves. Mobile Meals is a convenient and affordable service. Many people receive meals when they are:
- Recuperating from a hospital stay or recent surgery
- Temporarily or permanently disabled
- Transitioning to a new dietary program
- Unable to access transportation and cannot shop for food items
Permanent service is available to those who, without the service, would be unable to continue to live on their own and remain self-sufficient. There is no age, maximum income or asset limitation.
The Mobile Meals office is located at Union Hospital, 659 Boulevard, Dover, Ohio.
- A doctor’s order is not required to enroll for Mobile Meals. The only requirement for service is NEED.
- The Union Hospital Dietary Department plans and prepares the meals, while Mobile Meals volunteers package and deliver them. Special diet needs are accommodated at no extra cost.
- Meals are delivered between 12:15 and 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except major holidays. A Mobile Meals volunteer will deliver a hot nutritious dinner to be eaten at mid-day and a light supper, consisting of hot soup and a sandwich plus dessert, to be eater later. Volunteers use their personal car at their own expense.
- Mobile Meals New Philadelphia, Dover, Strasburg, Bolivar, Sugarcreek and a limited rural area outside each of those towns.
- The minimum service period is one week (5 days). The current charge for meals is $32.50 per week per person. That is 10 meals for $32.50.
For Information and to Enroll
The Mobile Meals office is open weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Please call for more information and to enroll in the program. The phone number is (330) 364-0870.