A Total Approach to Treatment and Care
At the Union Hospital Wound Healing Center, we become a partner in the patient's medical care. Through regular progress reports our multidisciplinary team of wound expert's work with the primary care physician and/or referring physician to develop a comprehensive approach to treatment and care.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
One of the specialized treatments being offered by the Wound Healing Center is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy or HBO. During this treatment, the patient is breathes 100% oxygen at a slightly increased atmospheric pressure. This increases the amount of oxygen in the patient's tissue which promotes healing and fights infections.
Typical wounds and conditions treated with HBO:
- Diabetic lower extremity wounds
- Preservation and Preparation of Compromised skin grafts or flaps
- Progressive necrotizing infections
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis (bone infection)
HBO has also been highly successful in treating late effects of radiation treatments such as:
- Soft tissue radiation damage including (but not limited to):
- Cystitis, proctitis, enterititis
For more information on the Wound Healing Center in general or HBO in specific please contact the Wound Healing Center at Union Hospital at 330-365-3880