Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Have Visitors?
Visits from family and friends are encouraged, and their participation in each patient's treatment and educational programs is recommended. Visiting hours are 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and noon to 8 p.m. weekends. We want each patient to receive the maximum benefit from the program; therefore, we respectfully request that visitors not interrupt treatment schedules or rest breaks.
What Should I Bring?
Since each patient will participate in therapies and activities each day in the Inpatient Rehabilitation
Unit, we recommend packing the following items:
- Exercise clothing and rubber-soled shoes for exercise (several changes of exercise clothing are recommended)
- Sleepwear, bathrobe and slippers
- Nightgown or pajamas
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Grooming items such as shaving equipment, hair brushes, and make-up
- Glasses and/or hearing aids
- Assistive devices such as canes or walkers
We encourage patients to bring items that will make the stay with us comfortable. Please refrain from bringing expensive or irreplaceable items such as jewelry or large sums of money.
Family and/or friends will need to launder your clothng for you while you are with us.
Will Insurance Pay?
Medicare and most insurances pay for the rehabilitative services provided by the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Union Hospital and most insurance plans also cover co-payment responsibility. A hospital representative can answer any questions regarding benefits and coverage.